BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Proud...

This is the note that made me decide to start a weight loss blog...

What have YOU done today to make YOU feel proud?

This is a saying that I live by, but this week I have been really thinking about this tiny phrase. It may be a few words but these words have such an impact for SO many people.

As most of you know I am a biggest loser fan and have been for many years. It was not till this past season (season 7) that I realized that I needed the show more than anything. I may not have been on the show, but I lived through each and every one of those contestants. Especially my girl Kristin! She is truly amazing,beautiful person! I often read her blogs, facebooks and twitters and she is an amazing motivator to really push me. She IS me. She is every woman out there that wants to succeed. She has and still is! I only wish one day to meet her and tell her how much she has ment to me. Words can not completely explain how she has inspired me in so many ways to take my life back. She taught me that I am worth it and that this is my fight. For yourself, by yourself! I have met SOOO many people online that inspire me every day! I can not believe how many awesome people there are out there that are just like me. It is amazing. I have finally found the support that I NEEDED all along!

So, this week I decided to reevaluate things. To finally stop and look at things and finally realize that I am doing this! I am pushing on, I am fighting for my life and I am winning! I may be losing slowly, but I am a loser.( ha ha ha) I cried this past weekend all because of a pair of shorts! LOL! I actually had to go buy a pair of smaller shorts. I could not believe it. I tried on clothes that were the size I was and I was SWIMMING! I was so PROUD!

So back to my “theme”. Everyday when I get up I tell myself, Anna, do something today to make you feel proud! ANYTHING! Most of the time for me it is exercising,losing weight and eating right. And at night I ask myself so what did you do today to make you feel proud? And before I go to bed I reflect on my day and see that I am fighting this battle. FIGHTING tooth and nail...but winning!

I just wanted everyone to think about this phrase. Be positive about life. Keep your head up and keep MOVING! Don't stop until you reach the top of that mountain. It does not matter how long it takes you. As long as you do whatever it takes to make you feel proud!

1 comments:

Mesha said...

i love this post! thanks for the good reminder...this morning I got a good workout and encouraged my grandma & aunt to join me in water aerobics (after my personal trip to the gym) - that made me feel proud.

Kristin has been my inspiration too. Actually, that's why I started this journey. I didn't start watching BL until late January of this year when my friend was watching it while I was over. I saw Kristin on the show and held back tears on their couch as I realized and recognized...THAT'S ME! My start weight was 20 lbs less than Kristins and I saw the determination on her face to be FREE from all those extra pounds. I saw a woman who had a contagious, sweet, funny & social personality but yet was trapped in the wrong body suit. I saw how my friend and her husband commented on how "big" she was when she started and how's she's just done an amazing job - all the while they had NO CLUE i was only 20lbs shy of that start weight. i knew i HAD to do something. okay, i have to stop...*sigh* thanks again for this post.